Frankincense essential oil comes from the bark of a tree that is native to the Mediterranean region. It is a small tree that has white flowers and can grow to a height of about 20 ft. frankincense was used by the ancient Egyptians as incense in their temples during religious ceremonies. It’s resin was used by the Egyptians in cosmetics, perfumes, and facial creams for the purpose of rejuvenating the skin. It is one of the fragrances that is mentioned in the Old Testament and it’s incense is still burned in many churches today.
- It is calming and relaxing, thus promoting restful sleep.
- It’s vapors are said to open up congested sinuses and nasal passages.
- It is used to attain a meditative state.
- It is an anti-inflammatory.
- It soothes and heals inflamed skin, bruises, and burns.
Frankincense is non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing. However, caution should always be exercised when utilizing a new product, as individual allergies could occur.
E-Scentially Yours uses frankincense essential oil that is steam distilled. It is sourced from North Africa. The essential oil is obtained from resin that is wild harvested and artisan-distilled.