Clary Sage is a plant that is native to Europe. It grows to a height of approximately 3 feet and has flowers of different colors (depending on the variety), from which the essential oil is obtained. Clary Sage has been used historically for brewing ales and as an additive to wine (to make it more intoxicating).
- It is calming and relieves stress and nervous tension.
- It promotes restful sleep.
- It is mood uplifting.
- Helps relieve menstrual discomfort, PMS, and sexual problems. (It is known to contain a hormone similar to that produced by women).
- It can help regulate the menstrual cycle.
- It is an aphrodisiac and increases sexual strength.
- Due to its’ relaxing effect, caution should be taken when driving or if full attention is required. Do not use in large amounts.
- Do not use during pregnancy.
- Do not use while drinking alcohol, as it increases the narcotic effect of the alcohol.
E-Scentially Yours uses clary sage essential oil that is steam distilled. It is sourced from central England. The essential oil is obtained from the herb flowering aerial tops.